No matter your age or where you live, there are situations that can put you in harm’s way. Maybe you’re diabetic, and your condition requires immediate assistance if your blood sugar dips too low or spikes too high. Or maybe you’re at risk of going into anaphylactic shock if you were to get stung by a bee. Or perhaps you live alone . . . or travel solo frequently for your job.
In any of the aforementioned scenarios, if you were to become the unsuspecting victim of an accident, emergency, or crime – getting help may be a challenge. In these situations, are there ways to remain safe – without living in fear of all the “what-ifs” in life?
Absolutely! Thanks to life alert buttons, you can rest easy. With a personal safety device, help is only a moment away if you need it.
What is a Life Alert Button?
A life alert button allows you to call for help in an emergency situation with the touch of a button on personal safety devices. Some life alert systems contact a call center when you activate the alert. The operator then contacts emergency personnel to help you. However, this can waste precious time that you don’t have during a true emergency.
Fortunately, not all life alert systems force you to use a third-party call center. In fact, the best life alerts will directly contact your friends, family, and/or emergency personnel so they know immediately that you’re in distress.
How Do Life Alert Buttons Work?
Simply press the panic button on your personal safety device during an emergency, and the life alert will notify certain contacts immediately. Some buttons are enabled with location-finding capabilities. This allows emergency responders to pinpoint your location accurately and easily. Once emergency personnel is deployed, help should arrive quickly to come to your aid.
In addition to these features, there are many other benefits of a life alert button. Read on to learn more:
The 5 top benefits of a life alert Device
- Simplicity: Life alert buttons are easy to use. Instead of wasting precious minutes signing into your cell phone and dialing 911, a life alert button allows you to press a single button. Once you activate the alert, help is immediately on the way. This one simple action can trigger the alert and let your loved ones (and first responders) know that you need help.
2. Peace of mind: Life alert buttons help you feel secure. Knowing that you can summon help in an instant provides priceless peace of mind for you and those who care about you. As a parent, spouse, friend, etc., just knowing that the loved ones in your life have access to emergency assistance with the press of a button provides a feeling of security and connectedness, no matter how far apart you may live.
3. Independence: Life alert buttons allow you to live, travel and work alone without fear. Whether you’re young, old, or somewhere in between, access to a life alert button provides you with the ability to live, travel and work independently. Even if you find yourself in an emergency situation, you can contact help anytime, anyplace. Whether you’re driving alone, working by yourself, or traveling solo, the life alert button is the perfect safety companion.
Even if you don’t live alone, there are situations in life where you will be by yourself. Emergencies don’t wait for convenient times; having the life alert no matter where you are ensures your safety.
4. Innovation: Life alert devices use innovative technology to keep you safe. From Bluetooth capability to GPS technology, life alert buttons allow emergency personnel to find you at a moment’s notice. Some are even equipped with two-way communication features so you can talk to your friends and family during the emergency, from beginning to end.
5. Life-savers: Simply put, life alert systems SAVE LIVES. How do life alert buttons save lives, you ask? Think about any emergency scenario, including medical emergencies, crimes, violence, and accidents. No matter the situation, first responders can arrive quickly to provide you with life-saving assistance. Maybe you need epinephrine or insulin to treat your bee allergy or diabetic reaction. Or, if you’re that person living or traveling alone, you know that help is on the way if you need it.
The Best Life Alert Panic Button Around
While there are a variety of life alert buttons on the market, Silent Beacon has proven to be a clear leader. With its lightweight, portable design, the Silent Beacon personal safety device attaches easily to a keychain or lanyard. Or, you can drop the Silent Beacon into a pocket or purse.
The device features an easy-to-press life alert button that, when paired with the free Silent Beacon app, will instantly alert up to seven of your pre-stored contacts. This list can include friends, family . . . even 911! With the press of the life alert button, you can send your alerts via text, call, email – or all three.
Emergency personnel will be able to find you quickly, too, thanks to the GPS technology. In the app, you can view real time GPS locations and toggle between satellite and map views. Plus, you can enable the two-way communication feature to talk to your friends and family as you wait for help to arrive.
While many life alert systems require activation and monthly fees, the Silent Beacon provides a direct connection with emergency personnel. No time-wasting third-party call centers! Just quick, efficient communication when you need it most.
Where Can You Buy an Affordable Life Alert Button?
Visit silentbeacon.com to buy your Silent Beacon life alert button today. At the low price of $99.99, this panic device fits into most budgets.
Silent Beacon: Keeping you and your loved ones safe and secure.